The Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award is available to all 14–24 year olds, regardless of their background. The Award has three levels, each progressively more challenging. Participants are required to complete four sections at each level: Voluntary Service, Skills, Physical Recreation and Adventurous Journey.
You can choose from a number of Award Units in your region who are licensed to deliver the Award to participants, including YES Disability Resource Centre.
Through this challenging journey of self-discovery, our participants:
- are equipped and empowered to achieve their personal best
- learn to take responsibility for their goals and choices
- learn to assess risk
- become connected to and actively engaged within their immediate community
- make a real difference to society through their positive contributions and involvement
- learn to persevere and overcome barriers to success
- learn important life skills
- increase their career opportunities