Mates & Dates is about helping young people to have healthy and happy relationships. It isn’t just about dating. It’s about all kinds of relationships, including family and friends.
Mates & Dates want to give young people the skills and knowledge to prevent the harm caused by sexual violence and dating violence, by teaching them how to:
- identify unhealthy relationships
- have healthy relationships based on respect, negotiation and consent
- identify inappropriate behaviour
- get help if they, or someone they know, are in an unhealthy relationship
- safely intervene in situations that could lead to harm.