Evolve is a Youth One Stop Shop (YOSS), supporting rangatahi in Te Whanganui-a-Tara to thrive, connecting them to timely, accessible and engaging health, wellbeing and support services.
Their dedicated Healthcare, Social Support, Counselling and Admin teams support over 4,000 young people in the Wellington area.
Services you can access at Evolve include:
- Primary Healthcare: Evolve has a team of friendly, non-judgmental Doctors, Nurses and Nurse Practitioners. They provide free, high quality primary healthcare services to meet your health and wellbeing needs. Clinics are available at Evolve every weekday.
- Under-18 Sexual Health: If you are under 18 and living in the Wellington area, Evolve can see you for sexual healthcare. This includes STI testing and treatment, pregnancy tests and information about contraception.
- Social Support: Evolve’s social workers and youth workers work alongside their nurses and doctors to provide practical support, information and advice. This includes support with WINZ benefits, liaison with clinicians and community agencies, support with legal processes and advocacy support.
- Counselling Support: Evolve provides counselling in a youth-friendly, non-judgmental and confidential environment. Counselling is about creating a secure relationship in which you can be open, vulnerable, accepted, encouraged and challenged by your counsellor. Together you can develop self-understanding and skills for life, so that you can face your challenges with more confidence.
- Groups & Programs: Evolve offers a range of free groups, workshops and programmes promoting youth development and wellbeing. Current groups and programs on offer include free weekly gym classes, a parents group for under 25-year-old parents, and workshops to support young people to get their drivers licence.